DaKleins in Oman

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

The Pictures You Have Been Waiting For

Last weekend, we finally had our first camping trip. Ok, I do have to admit that it wasn't true camping. We had beds, running water, and someone to cook us breakfast and dinner (my kind of camping!). But we were out in the middle of nowhere, so I am going to call it camping anyway. This was our first excursion out into the sand dunes, so we had to do everything that comes with being in the desert. First, there was sand surfing! Unfortunately, the picture is way more exciting than the real live version. I think it took him about 5 minutes to get 20 feet. But it had to be done. Next, there was dune bashing! We followed a guide out into the sand dunes to watch the sunset. And if this hill doesn't look very intimidating, I assure you that when you are at the top and the slope is so steep that you can't see the bottom until your car tips over to go down . . .your heart skips a beat. And last, but definitely not least, the image you have really been waiting for . . .me on a camel! You can't go out into the desert without riding a camel, right? Just for the record, the idea of riding a camel is much more exciting than the ride itself, except for getting up and down. If you aren't paying attention, those guys will bump you right off when they lie down. So I think we can now officially say that we have had our requisite desert experiences! Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home