
Well, I just wanted to wish everyone a belated Happy Thanksgiving! Just in case you were curious, we survived our first Thanksgiving away. Jason and I cooked a traditional Thanksgiving meal for several of our friends here, and I think it actually turned out well. (Or maybe that was because the Brits didn't know any better and people were humoring us by going back for seconds). Jason grilled a turkey that was quite juicy. (isn't it pretty?) There was another turkey cooked in the oven that didn't fair as well, but we attribute that more to the oven than the chef! And yes, I, the woman who has only recently picked up the art of cooking, made some really delicious sweet potatoes, if I do say so myself. We also had some green beans, stuffing, and cranberry sauce. I do have to apologize to all the Kleins out there because I don't think I did the cranberry sauce justice, but I will get 'em next year.

Overall, I think the event turned out quite well. (By the way, this is a picture of the relief we felt when it was all over!) And if anyone is in need of any pie, we had more than enough to feed the entire country of Oman. I am sure I could ship some back home, if necessary. :)
2 Comments:
At 4:14 AM ,
Anonymous said...
wow...congrats on your your successful thanksgiving dinner! That turkey looked excellent by the way...have y'all been able to find a christmas tree that can withstand the wicked temperatures of Oman? (real or fake) In case you find yourselves lacking in holiday spirit, just thought you should know that you'll definately still be receiving a Christmas card from us...with a picture of actual snow on it! haha i'll take you up on your pie offer because there was definately not enough to go around this thanksgiving...well, i hope you, jason, and sam are well and hopefully you can call us soon! love y'all
At 1:46 AM ,
Anonymous said...
You ended up cooking more than me! Congrats on a successful Thanksgiving dinner - I'm glad you were able to share it with people from another country. I'm always reminded of what a funny holiday Thanksgiving really is because of Maria (from Columbia.)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home