I have a new joke for you
And here is how the joke goes. . .How long does it take 4 English speaking girls to figure out that they are sitting in an Arabic movie, instead of a Meryl Streep movie?? Any guesses?? . . . Apparently 15 minutes. The bad news is that this isn't really a joke. Yes, four of us really did sit in a theater for 15 minutes before we figured out that we were in the wrong movie. In our defense, though, a good 10 of those minutes were previews, which really doesn't count, AND our tickets really did tell us to go to the theater we were in. (I promise. We rechecked about 5 times.) In the end, I think we provided good entertainment for the Omani guys sitting behind us when we finally turned around and asked them what movie we were seeing. And just in case you were curious, the Devil Wears Prada was not filmed in Egypt and did not use Arabic as a form of creative license.
For any of you out there that haven't seen the movie yet . . . once we finally made it to the right screen, I actually enjoyed the movie. And Mom, if you are reading this and you haven't seen it yet, I think it is your kind of movie.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home