DaKleins in Oman

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Camping

On the drive to our first camping experience . . .(yes, I said that the city folk otherwise known as the Kleins went camping!) . . . we found this sign. Take a close look at the first "danger" that we are supposed to be aware of. Apparently, we had the potential to be sucked into the "popular" activity of drowning! For any of you who are now concerned, we did manage to avoid that strange ritual. Instead, we ventured on into the mountains and set up camp. I was a little hesitant about this whole experience, at first. In general, I enjoy my own bed, a proper toilet, and the lack of dirt in just about everything, but as they say . . . when in Rome! (or Oman, in this case) Well, as you can see, it wasn't a terrible experience. Anything that involves reading in a hammock can't be all bad, right? Our camp was set up in the middle of nowhere, and it was so neat and strange, all at the same time, to be away from any sign of civilization. It was so bizarre for no one to be around that we got a little paranoid in the middle of the night at any sound we heard, which tended to be the rustling of the tent! Overall, though, I would say that it was a most enjoyable experience, and I am even willing to do it again. Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

  • At 12:23 AM , Blogger SkinnyB said...

    Is it true that both of you have gotten some sun???

     
  • At 6:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    "keep away from deep pits"...hmmm...I don't think I would've thought of that on my own...haha now was this REALLY camping? I want proof that where y'all were was atleast a half-mile from any civilization!
    powell--not all of the sun is reflected off their shiny surfaces...how else could they instantly turn from white to red? :D I miss you guys

     
  • At 10:45 AM , Blogger DaKleins in Oman said...

    And who asked you guys anyway?? :P I don't remember part of the deal of coming over here was getting all sorts of grief from friends/family back home. ;)

     
  • At 7:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I came across your blog and was interested in reading more since you had pics of Oman. I looked at December’s blogs to see if there were signs of Christmas in that city. Unfortunately, all I came across were your pics of camping and a badly translated "Danger sign". “Drowning accidents are now POPULAR” I hope by now you know in Arabic it doesn't not say that. It's a bad translation into English. What the Arabic version says is this "Danger, drowning accidents are high/numerous".

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home