DaKleins in Oman

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Ever Heard of the Maldives??

We just came back from one of the best vacations I think we have ever taken. We flew down to the Maldives, which is a series of islands off the southwest coast of India. It is like the Caribbean of the Indian Ocean, but it really does put the Caribbean to shame. We flew from Muscat to Male (the capital of the Maldives), and then had to take a sea plane from Male to the island that housed our resort. If you know me, I'm sure you can imagine how jazzed I was about getting into a little prop plane that takes off and lands in the water!! If you don't know me, just know that it wasn't pretty. In any event, I did make it, and I even managed to open my eyes a few times to see the amazing view of the islands from above. As you can see from the second picture, the only thing on our island was our resort, and we stayed in one of those little huts out over the ocean! The huts were fantastic. The bathroom was open air, so you showered with the sun shining above you (or the stars if you woke up as early as we had to on the last day). The view from our balcony was amazing. You can see some of it in the third picture, but the picture is actually of the setup they did for us so we could have a nice dinner on our balcony with our own waiter and all. How cool is that! While we were there, we relaxed on the beach, Jason did a bit of diving, I played a bit of tennis, and let's just say that we didn't neglect the spa. The last picture shows Jason diving, and if you look real close, you can see his friend, the shark, floating behind him! Apparently, there were several out there with him. If I was out there, I would have been out of the water and into the boat at the speed of light, but he seemed to enjoy it. All and all, a good time was had by all, and if you ever make it to this part of the world, I highly recommend it.
Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

  • At 4:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Speechless.

     
  • At 6:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Maldives are to miss, but I miss your company more...Hello-Bye is the way of life. Bye-Hello is the hope.

     
  • At 8:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    WOW!!!

     
  • At 10:47 PM , Blogger Victoria is only a wee bit crazy said...

    Oh a new dream destination for me. Jealousy reigns supreme. First you do Thailand and now this. Who wants to plan a meet up with me in Vietnam?

     
  • At 10:40 PM , Blogger SkinnyB said...

    Umm... i think that's some serious photoshopping going on there. shark ...hee hee. Next you're gonna see the lochness monster :) It's a conspiracy, I just know it. You're just finding nice postcards at the corner mart trying to make us all absolutely jealous. Based on the comments, it's working (myself included).

    Post the video...post the video...do it do it do it.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home