DaKleins in Oman

Friday, May 04, 2007

Emily's Oman Pictures - Desert Trip

I am a little delinquent on this one, seeing as Emily left over a month ago, but better late than never. In any event, here are some of the interesting pictures from her trip to Oman. First, a blog dedicated to her trip to the desert. While she was here, we drove to the desert, which is about 3 hours away from Muscat. Along the way, we saw camels! I don't know why they were out in droves that day, but they were. Once we got to the desert, we stayed at this camp out in the middle of nowhere (picture #2). The camp is fairly primitive, but it is much easier to stay there than set up our own camp . . .and not to mention that they have operating toilets, which is very important! The other advantage of staying at the camp is that they take you on a tour of the sand dunes at sunset. It is absolutely gorgeous, and a little intimidating, at times, with the way they drive. One of the inevitable events of driving in the desert, though, is getting stuck in the desert (picture #3). Fortunately, this isn't our car. I think Jason would kill me if I put a picture of his car stuck in the sand. He wants to be able to deny it has ever happened. :) To complete the full desert experience, we got Emily on a camel, and then, got one of the local women to tattoo henna on her (picture #4). I didn't put the camel pictures on this blog because I figured you have already seen me on a camel. If you have seen one tall, brown haired woman on a camel you have seen them all.
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

  • At 10:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Well, well--look at Emily getting her Mehndi on. Hmm, if it's been about a month since these pictures were taken, it may have finally just worn off too. ;-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home