DaKleins in Oman

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Dad's Oman Pictures

For the next set of stolen pictures, there is the Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque . . .And what is there to say other than how grand it is, right? The outside is beautiful and green, but that is nothing in comparison to the inside. There is a women's prayer room and a men's prayer room, of course, and as you would suspect . . . The women's prayer room is pretty, but the men's prayer room is absolutely breathtaking. It contains the world's largest Persian rug, and all of the chandeliers are made of Swarovski crystal! Next on most tourist's agendas is the Muttrah souk. A souk is essentially a market, and Muscat has the most Disney of souks in the region, second only to the one in Dubai! If you want a pashmina, a coffee pot, a burka, some frankincense, or henna, Muttrah souk is the place to go. If you want Starbucks, then you will have to go to the one in Dubai. Yes, Starbucks is taking over the world! This last picture is the money shot. I may be no Anna Kournikova, but she isn't that good of a player anyway. So I'm ok with that.
Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

  • At 4:51 PM , Blogger SkinnyB said...

    Are my eyes deceiving me or is that Sporty Spice on a tennis court swatting at the flies? :) I read about it, but I didn't believe it. This was staged!

     
  • At 8:12 AM , Blogger Jason said...

    I think I need to post my own blog. Otherwise you guys are going to think that I, like Pam, spend all my time playing tennis, going to mosques and picnicing on the beach.

    My blog would be rather boring, though. You can only take so many photos of me sitting at my desk...

     
  • At 4:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Pam you look so cute in your tennis gear!! Life is looking pretty rough over there

     
  • At 10:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I can tell you are serving up a tennis ball...looking good! I will send you proper tennis socks, so the tennis tan wont look so funny! ha! The sock tan is not pretty, but someone has to make the sacrifice!

     
  • At 6:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    foot fault :)
    I think I like "Tennis Pam"

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home