.jpg)
By this time, you are probably getting the idea that the only thing to do around here is go sit on an island. Although that is not entirely true, it isn't too far off. :) And unfortunately, the only trip we took in the last few months that wasn't on an island was a weekend of wine tasting in South Australia. Although it may be blog worthy, we unfortunately managed to douse my camera in sand on the trip that is the subject of this blog, so we have no photographic evidence. Oops! Guess what Pam is getting for Christmas. ;) But back to this blog, and the island of the month . . . this

trip was over to Moreton Island. An island you could probably see if you stood on our roof terrace (just to give you an idea of how close we are). It requires a 4 wheel drive to get around, so it was another perfect opportunity to try out Jason's Wrangler. We are proud to say that we successfully circumnavigated the island, seeing ship wrecks (way too many to make me feel safe on a boat around here!), dead humpback whales (and yes, they do smell when they decay. Yuck!), large sand dunes (where people who haven't lived in the middle east for 2 years decided it was the best opportunity they would get to sand surf), and one very pathetic looking dive bar. But the highlight of the weekend w

as feeding the dolphins!! Somehow wild dolphins know that if they come to the island at sunset, fabulous people will be there waiting with tiny fish to feed them. I was a bit skeptical, but sure enough . . . Sunset came and 5 dolphins showed up! I was also skeptical about the need to get in the water with these animals, seeing that I am not a huge fan of fish and other slimy creatures, but it was fantastic! They reminded me of a certain doberman I know, who shall remain nameless, who pokes you with his nose to weasel his head into your lap. But instead, the dolphin I was feeding kept bumping his nose against my leg bec

ause I was apparently not feeding him fast enough! Greedy little bugger, but he was still cute. :)
1 Comments:
At 9:59 AM ,
Kerry Smith said...
a) I love that you said bugger
b) When I read about the dead humpback whales (gross) I thought that was what you were petting in the first picture! Dolphins are way better!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home