
It is probably about time for another blog, so I'm back to showing you random pictures taken by our visitors that I think you might find interesting. I figure it is better than nothing. Back in November, we had a couple friends come to visit and share Thanksgiving with us. I must say it was nice having fellow Americans around on an American holiday, whether they were fully confident on the purpose of the holiday or not. (sorry guys!) After sifting through their pictures, here are the ones I thought you might find interesting. First, can you believe there was a Harley Davidson rally in Muscat! I guess those guys go all over the world (what do I know), but for a full weekend, we had bikes streaming by our neighborhood at all hours. It was pretty interesting to see. Next, a picture of an old Omani sailing vessel called a dhow. Ok, this one is probably a horrible touristy recreation, not to mention it doesn't have a sail, but you get the idea. And then, who can ever get sick of pictures of camels, huh? Actually, this one got a little too up close and personal. Jason took our guests out into the mountains one day (I have had enough of the mountains. You've seen one, you've seen them all!), and they came upon a set of camels. They decided to get out of the car to take a closer look. Come to find out these camels were a b

it more used to people than expected because the camels started to come right up to them. Knowing full well of their tendency to spit, Jason and company thought that was a good time to run back to the car and leave them alone ...
3 Comments:
At 11:40 PM ,
Anonymous said...
Hey---I know that camel.
At 12:09 AM ,
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
At 1:11 AM ,
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home